8th Grade Band
Standard of Excellence Book 3 - Each student must have their own copy by Friday, Sept. 8th
Woodwinds - 1 Box of VanDoren Reeds
Brass - Valve oil & slide grease
Percussion - Minimum Requirement – 1 pair of drum sticks, 1 pair of plastic mallets, 1 pair of rubber mallets
Optional Mallet/Stick Combos:
Practice Makes Perfect!
(or gets us as close as possible...)
- Practice sheets are due on Fridays ( through Google Classroom) and will account for 10% of a student's grade.
- 8th Grade Band students are required to practice a minimum of 120 minutes per week
- Practice is most effective when it is spread throughout the week - i.e. 30 minute practice sessions 4 days a week
- Students are most successful when they have the right tools for practice including:
- A place set aside for practice
- Music stand
- A chair that will help them sit with good posture
- Parental support and encouragement...and a listening ear! :)