Due Thursday, August 31st
5th Grade Band Parent Contact Form
What Instruments Can I Play in 5th Grade Band?
Please email Ms. Yettaw if you did not receive an information packet at the open house or from your student after the first day of school.
Practice Makes Perfect!
(or gets us as close as possible...)
- Beginning Band students are required to practice a minimum of 100 minutes per week
- Practice sessions are most effective at this age when done in 20-30 minute increments
- Students are most successful when they have the right tools for practice including:
- A place set aside for practice,
- Music stand
- A chair that will help them sit with good posture
- Parental support and encouragement...and a listening ear! :)
- Practice sheets are due on Fridays and will account for 10% of a student's grade. Practice sheets will not be accepted without a parent signature